I have just returned from travelling, and will add a few words on Canada before whipping out the fashion photos. My conference in Toronto was awesome, but apart from that...
- Canadians are incredibly friendly and polite. It's a bit of a shock to the system after living among the (mostly) frigid Brits. Canucks are talkative, helpful, and have a nice American air to them (while at the same time being more civilised than those wild Americans).
- Canadians love tattoos! I was in Toronto Zoo on a hot day and saw more tattoos than I wanted to. In fact, it was easier to find a person with a tattoo than without.
- Canadians make good dads - plenty of them take their kids to the zoo. And apparently there are baby changing facilities in men's toilets (haven't checked that though).
- Canadians love their huge portions of food. A portion of maple syrup pancakes (with bacon - why???) lasted me for two meals.
- Canadians are very proud of their flag and display it everywhere. Again, a nice change after ostentatiously unpatriotic Britain.
I also saw the ROM, AGO, Bata shoe museum, monster trucks, a musk rat, a car with cojones (literally!), and a guy carrying a hockey stick and wearing a moose t-shirt. Sweet!
And Brussels - with its great beer and wonderful couchsurfers - was just cool.
Below are photos of a hat I bought last year at the Gloucester Green market (8GBP - bargain!), seen through the lenses of Adrian and Marten Collins.
Dzisiejsze zdjęcia znów wzięte z archiwum, bo Joanna bujała się po Kanadzie i Belgii. Kapelusz z czwartkowego rynku na Gloucester Green w obiektywach Adriana i Martena Collinsa.
And Marten's work:
Joanna is wearing:
- A hat from a vintage market
- An ancient corset
- Gloves from a bridal shop
- Mum's pearls.